Catahoula Leopard Hound is a Chicken Whisperer

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JenniCupcake, Jun 27, 2011.

1. JenniCupcake

JenniCupcake New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    Okay, so my DH was doing the dishes the other afternoon and heard Moxie whining outside the window in her run. He called her in through the dog door and she seemed fine, not hurt or anything like he expected. She went back outside and kep on whining. She was acting kind of funny and he didn't know why. I went out back a few minutes later to see what was going on. She was laying down next to the fence between her run and the chicken coop. I look and I see our Barred Rock completely balled up and stuck between a leg of the coop and the chicken wire around it. I was sure she was dead. I scream for my hubby and he runs out snd frees her. She scampered off like it was nothing. That Moxie girl will always be her hero!!!

Moxie the Catahoula
    [​IMG]
    The flock
    [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi I love Catahoulas,
    we had one up until last summer and he was ancient by that time and soooo cagey.
    Moxie reminds me of the old old old Lassie TV show where Lassie would bark and they would say 'what is it, Lassie?' And Timmy would say 'she wants us to follow her..where is it girl?' and the TV family would dash off and Lassie would save someone or something.

Moxie has it.

Thanks for sharing how brilliant your dog is. Nice pictures too.

3. JenniCupcake

JenniCupcake New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    Thanks, we love her! I also said she was like Lassie! lol
    She is just a year old and was a rescue from down south and is such a good girl...both with chickens and kids! [​IMG]

4. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    My great Dobermans have done that before(the barking part cause the chicken was stuck)....but it was their fault [​IMG]. But now I feel very very comfortable having them alone with my chickens after I took several months training them myself. Looks like yours has trained itself!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by