Catching Chickens

Had a jersey giant rooster I couldn't catch yrs ago, all winter stalked him at night even, no luck. Ended up giving him to my brother he still has him. Don't remember how I caught him but someone suggested a 'chicken catcher' one of these
Screenshot_2020-04-24-22-17-00~2.png Screenshot_2020-04-24-22-18-05~2.png
I made a home made one, and then a noose neither worked for that bird GOOD LUCK! Most chickens are not hard to catch though so you should have no probs.
Pretty funny when I googled 'chicken catcher' I first got this vid, pretty funny and dang he can sing, think he won that yr didn't watch it live.

Definitely the best time to get them....well after dark.
Hopefully their coop is walk in and easy to access roosts.
Do you already have some birds...or are these your first?
These are our firsts. We actually just finished getting them in our coop here. As it turns out the family member we got them from corralled them all up and my husbands parents transported them here so huge stress off my shoulders. There is one rooster and 5 hens and we will be getting 3 chicks in a few weeks. We are excited to see them in the daylight tomorrow and watch them explore the coop and run. We plan on leaving them in for at least a week for them to know it’s home and our dogs to get used to them, then they will free range in our fenced in 1/2 acre. They were free range before so should enjoy, I may just have to clip their wings if they fly over our 4 ft fence, but we will see 🙂

Had a jersey giant rooster I couldn't catch yrs ago, all winter stalked him at night even, no luck. Ended up giving him to my brother he still has him. Don't remember how I caught him but someone suggested a 'chicken catcher' one of these
View attachment 2106540View attachment 2106541
I made a home made one, and then a noose neither worked for that bird GOOD LUCK! Most chickens are not hard to catch though so you should have no probs.
Pretty funny when I googled 'chicken catcher' I first got this vid, pretty funny and dang he can sing, think he won that yr didn't watch it live.
Thankfully the person we got them from gathered them up so I didn’t have to try and wrangle chickens, tonight at least lol. I will keep that in mind if I need to in the future though, interesting concept.
Also I could help but watch the video you posted for his whole performance. I have to say I did not expect to have tears in my eyes at the end of them giving him feedback 😂 thanks for making my night!

Back
Top Bottom