Catching chickens?

jwebb78

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
I can't get them with a net because they are too fast and they fly away. I can't get them with the leg hook. I can't get them when they roost because they are 20+ feet up in the trees. I don't understand why they used to sleep in the coop but now they don't want to. Every night they fly super high in the trees to sleep. Any ideas? Will they lay in the coop when they start to lay or will I be going on egg hunts?

where do you keep their food and water? Someone mentioned earlier to keep it inside their coop so they know to come back home to eat.

get you some little boys...give them large amounts of coke and candy bars...once you have them hooked and on a sugar high...release them on the birds. One tow things happens...they catch the birds or the birds will become so tired you can catch them...no matter what it is a hoot to watch and eventually you get your birds caught

The coop is supported about 4' above the ground on posts and I keep the food and water under the coop. They used to go in but now they just roost in the trees above the coop.
Is clipping the wings hard? I know you can only clip so far down but what do you use scissors?

here is what you are letting your self in for
clipping the wings makes them prey to animals trying to catch them

also did you not go to supply place and get a 4 ft long chicken csatcher
try this

On

Search resultsSmith Poultry & Game Bird Supply
... owned business that offers poultry and game bird books, supplies, vitamins and medication. Located ... Smith Poultry and Game Bird Supply offers for sell many ...www.poultrysupplies.com - 167k - Cached
Smith Poultry & Game Bird Supply

14000 W. 215th St., Bucyrus, KS 66013-9519

Ph. 913-879-2587 Fax. 913-533-2497

they will ship one to you
very handy as the bent loop goes around the chickens leg it is basically a long piece of hard wire with loop and handle very safe to catch birds with
we a;ways had a half dozen so we could catch the birds

Back
Top Bottom