Cats and houseplants?

Lesa

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
Upstate NY
Is there a solution to cats who prefer houseplants to litter boxes? I have seen expensive "spikes" in some catalogs, but I was hoping for something that I might have laying around. Any ideas??

I put ball'd up aluminum foil over the entire surface of plant's dirt/substrate ..and it worked pretty good. They don't like the feel ..not sure why.. and the aluminum doesn't hurt the plant.

If you have multiple cats, you should have multiple boxes ..even if they still only use the one. You could have 4 cats and 4 boxes ..and they all only use 2
roll.png
...but that's not the point (so Aneesa ..my beloved/departed kitty... once told me). Having multiple options is the point
tongue.png

Then again, Feliway is a miracle cure for a lot of quirky cat behaviours...

Just break off (or not - just bury) the handles to a bunch of plastic forks & bury them "teeth" up, they will not enjoy.....you can do the same in outdoor bedding areas where you have "issues". I just save them up from "take-out" - wash & re-use.....

I use pretty stones and in really large planters ( I have a huge cactus) I use bricks. My trouble isnt with them using them as litter boxes it using them as snacks. I've also used a little red or caynne pepper to deter them.

Back
Top Bottom