Cats are weird! Reason #12,578

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Dec 6, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    For over a year now, since the day Kitty became a full-time housecat, we have slept with our bedroom door closed because DH dislikes cats sleeping on the bed.
    For over a year now, Kitty (and now her partner in crime, KiKi) have spent a good portion of the night just outside the bedroom door, posed to run in the minute one of us forgets and opens the bedroom door in the middle of the night.
    Last night I talked DH into sleeping with the bedroom door open, so that the heat from the propane heater could circulate better.
    Do you think I woke up to find two cats asleep on the bed?
    Nope! They were both sitting just outside the bedroom door, ready to run in the minute I opened the door that was already open. [​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    [​IMG] So.. did you try to close the door? [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No, but if I had I'm sure they would have tried to run in the minute it was opened again. [​IMG]

4. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    If I ever shut a door in the house, my cats will sit outside and howl... and howl... until you get annoyed and open the door...
    This is more obnoxious at night when the house is asleep and for some reason, they decide they want into a bathroom that is never used. [​IMG] I don't question them.

5. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    My cat takes his paw and puts it under the door and rattles it. I don't mind (except for when it's 2 am) much since this is the way he house trained him self. I let him out he does his business and comes back in. He's to uppity for the litter box.
    No litter box [​IMG]

edited because spelling is such a bummer [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by