Cats Better Watch Out!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Eggseronious, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    We hatched out 13 Dominiques tuesday and my daughter and I decided to take them outside friday since its 90* here. We set up a little fence panel in the corner between the house and the garage giving them about a 6x6 area in the shade. I had just sit the chicks out of a box and was turning around when this old tom cat jumped off a wall like a mountain lion u see on tv and right in the middle of the chicks under my feet, and had one! [​IMG] My daughter had a book in her hand had to beat it in the back and head to make it let go. Well the chick has a wound but I treated it and its ok. I dont know who he belongs to but he is dead the next time he comes here! [​IMG] I going to set him up and put the old 12ga in my lap for the nest visitation! [​IMG]

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Don't blame ya...

Stupid, the neighbourhood black cat, who's dumb as a stump, tried stalking Slifer and Obelisk once...Taffy, the neighbourhood Orange Tabby, herded them into the coop and sat outside it until after Stupid was gone...

3. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Update....the chick is doing fine now I was worried, he had a cut on his hip but not deep I put some wound cream on it. I separated him from the others the first day or so. I was afraid the others would peck him, which sometimes they will. So hes back with the others and doing fine. Well the cat hasnt been seen so I am just waiting, hope he comes back just one more time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by