1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cats coons possums bobcats and coyotes

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickenlover02, Mar 27, 2016.

1. chickenlover02

chickenlover02 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2015
    In my neighborhood I have wild Cats coons possums bobcats and coyotes. I also have a baby chick (Phoenix) and my sis does too (Bryce). What do I do when they are chicks as well as adults for these wild animals, because I have one way and that is a gun. (High powered air gun for now) cuz my neighborhood. But if there is no way to keep them away I will be happy to drop some coons. Plz help

2. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    Protect them with the best coop or run money can buy and that human hands can build. Unfortunately few chicken shepherds these days can spend every waking hour near their flock and no predator is dumb enough (usually) to strike when you are able to
    prevent your chicks demise.

3. chickenlover02

chickenlover02 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2015
    ok thx very much, I am virtual schooled so If something goes wrong I will be there for them but I will look into building or buying strong coops and runs. If I build them it will be like the barn version of fort knox lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by