Cats or Dogs?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Campine Lover, May 14, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Which ones do you like better? Cats or dogs? I like both, prefering polite dogs and all cats. What do you think?

2. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    I like both. Trying to compare them is like trying to compare apples and oranges. They each have their own little fuzzy thing going on! [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I like dogs. My dog beast loves cats. Unfortunately the cats spend a short period of their life running from my dog, as beast the wonder mutt thinks he's ALF reincarnated.

4. La_TomboyGirl

La_TomboyGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    NW Louisiana
    In general - dogs. But our cat Pretty is 1 in a million.

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    If I could only have cats or dogs I would choose dogs. But I have like having both.

6. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    I currently have nine dogs, over the years I've had many more. I've only had three cats, one of them bit my three year old FOR NO REASON, the other two destroyed the living room couch. I hate cats.

7. Roo_in_the_roost

Roo_in_the_roost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    Thornton
    I am definatly a cat person. Don't get me wrong I like dogs. But I prefer them to stay Outside.

8. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    If it is feathered or furry, I am happy! [​IMG] I couldnt' choose between cats and dogs...unless it is those tiny dogs...in that case, I choose cat. [​IMG]

9. Rin

Rin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Nah, thats not a fair comparison. I love both equally especially when my monster cat is even ballsy enough to chase off foxes(I saw this first hand [​IMG]) before Farrah(the dog) will. He also takes on stray dogs, wild cats, and any other halpless varmint... but is incredibly people friendly. XD He's not really interested in mice or rats though for some reason and sadly the way he is makes it very hard to add any new dogs to the family as he'll take them ALL on.

10. babyblue

babyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    its like comparing a pickup truck to a minivan. both have totaly different uses. a dog is the protector and guardian of the family and property, a cat is vermin control. both are loved pets, both can destroy and mess things up if they are not trained or cared for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by