Caucasian mountain dog FREE to GOOD Home, WA STATE

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I came across an ad on Craiglist for a Caucasian mountain dog (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Caucasian mountain dog&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi) , free to a good home. He's a young, neutered dog, up to date on shots. Currently about 100lbs, will top off around 165 or so. These are LARGE, powerful dogs that were bred for farm & personal protection and NOT a dog for the lazy or beginners! They need training & a job to do. This dog has been around chickens (not lose but does show interest? in them), cats/kittens & children. These people already have another dog (powerful, bully breed) and it does not get along with this dog. They said that it should be okay with a less powerful dog or as the only dog.

Because of my two powerful (male) dogs, I cannot get him--although I REALLY wanted him...he's gorgeous (brindle!) and has such a sweet face. He already hates coyotes, too.

I was told by his current owner that if he is not placed SOON, he will be taken to the shelter & likely end up in the wrong hands or destroyed because he's a large breed...

If you're interested, I have photos and can forward you onto his owner--I told her I'd post here....

Thanks!

~Heather~

2. davidlhenry

davidlhenry New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    a

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Yikes! That's a lot of dog to be "giving" away; they are "not" for the novice dog owner. I sure hope that, if the current owners are able to rehome him, they're very careful as to where he's going; hope they do a thorough home and vet check on the prospective new owners.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Zombie thread.[​IMG]

5. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    I can never understand why someone would give a dog away for nothing, it is wise to at least ask a mimimal amount so that any interested parties are prepared to pay, it just stops people that are seeing an advert and getting a dog on a whim, especially a dog that needs a certain type of home, a lot of care needs to be taken, I hope there is someone on this forum who can give this dog the right home

6. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Sheesh - that'll teach me to look at the dates before I respond.[​IMG]

7. triget

triget New Egg

Mar 31, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by