Caught Chickenitous!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Witchgrass, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Witchgrass

Witchgrass Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2016
    Bandera, Texas
    No, my chickens aren't sick, I think I've got it. It started last week when a friend offered to give me two roosters that he needed to get rid of. I cleaned out the old chicken house and three days later found four hens on Craigslist. Well yesterday, I found a local fee store that has a large selection on birds. I had planned on only getting 3-4 more, but after seeing what they had, I came
    Home with 8 more hens.
    Here's what I now have.
    2 Barnvelder
    Gold Sebright
    silver sebright
    Black sex link
    2 Buff Orpington
    Game
    Plymouth Rock
    Rhode Island Red
    Ameracauna
    Saggitas ? (production Red)
    I think i better seek help. If these all start laying, I'll have eggs coming out of my ears!
    Lol

2. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Yes, most of us have caught Chickenitous, Chicken fever, Chicken addict, etc. [​IMG]
    Its not very hard to catch it! I went to a feed store last spring and bought 8 chicks, I saw some Leghorn pullets at another feed store and ended up getting 6 more, and then this August I went to our towns annual 4-h chicken sale and bought 3 more pullets! I've got chicken fever!!

If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask or just hop right over to the Learning Center:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Have a great time on here and best wishes! [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! But it sounds like it will be a fun ride! Enjoy! :weee

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a lovely mixed flock you have there! Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard flock

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Overrun With Chickens

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and my warmest welcomes to Backyard Chickens! Haha, do you notice my title ''Chicken Fever''? That one is there for a reason! I started out with three in march......fast forward to October, I have 35.... Yes, I am addicted. Enjoy those peeps! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

9. ejcrist

ejcrist Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Welcome aboard! Yes, you're definitely in the company of fellow addicts here. I started out with a flock of 25 last January and now I have 93 (counting 37 Cornish Cross meat birds) and I'm just finishing a multi-pen breeding coop and starting a breeding program. So yeah you're definitely in the right place. You might want to start planning your next coop now before you have chicks on the way like I always seem to do. Look forward to hearing from you going forward, and good luck with your flock.

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Good luck with your flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by