CAUGHT in the act

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mibotsu, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    SO! i go out to check on the quail this evening, open the door, and of course they all run out into the open air part of the coop except for one....she is just sitting there in the corner closest to me STARRING me down. so i'm thinking to myself "what YOU looking at". sickness did run across my mind, but juding by her colors, and just general behavior, i tossed that notion to the side.

i close the door and stand there maybe 30 seconds, after that i quickly swing it open again to find her standing up. and JUST as i opened it...POP out drops an egg [​IMG], i was in shock. i'd never actually seen it happen before. WHICH IS AWESOME b/c now i know who has been laying the odd color egg.

it was very exciting to actually SEE an egg as it falls out, and a little weird lol.

just thought you ought to know o.o

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    "hello, 911, I would like to report a peeping Tom, he keeps opening my screen door while I am trying to lay an egg..."

lol, cool, ya know, I picked one up once and an egg popped out into my hand, I was like what...

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:WELL, AN EGG IS THE BETTER OF THE 2 OPTIONS... [​IMG]

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    [​IMG]

5. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    i'd never seen one of mine drop an egg either. i'v been feeding and taken a dish out to fill with feed for 30 seconds and put it back with an egg that dropped right where im putting the dish. it was like a "thank you" trade quail feed for an egg. [​IMG]

6. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chichick

chichick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]