Status
Not open for further replies.

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
I CAUGHT A RACCOON!

Well, after a week of trying to catch a coon. I finally caught one. I didnt even have bait in the trap.

I went outside to water and feed all the birds, and I saw the trap, with a raccoon in it!!

It was a huge raccoon.

So, we drove a couple miles away, and released it. It was a very cute raccoon.

Im suprised it stayed in the trap, since the one side didnt lock.

Well, here is the pictures of the coon.
Two pictures are of the raccoon in the trap, and one picture is of it after we let it out of the trap.

Baseball-Raccoon-June27th019.jpg

Baseball-Raccoon-June27th020.jpg

Baseball-Raccoon-June27th021.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the catch and release, I know gas prices are high but the next time it might pay to drive just a bit more, these rascals will travel quiet a bit over time!
old.gif

Tonight, HE will have chicken dinner at your house!!! Next time SHOOT the sucker.

I let him go where there is a whole lot of woods. There is hardly anybody around, and nobody has chickens.

The funny thing is, I didnt even use bait.

ETA: I went to feed and water everyone, and then I saw the trap was closed, so I was reaching down to re-set it, and I noticed that there was a raccoon in there. Good thing I didnt open it when I was there. LOL.

Last edited:
Congrats on the catch but I too would have euthanized. In this area at least, they carry disease and relocation often ends up in the animal being killed on it's way back or being someone else's problem or starving because they are on another coon's territory. Some coons keep to a few square miles, but are known to travel distances of 20 if not 100 miles to find new places to live.

Quote:
I totally understand that... but I personally wouldn't be able to shoot a poor cute thing like that sitting in a cage.

Now if it had a chicken in his funny little hands, well that would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom