Caught, my husband is a secret poultry lover!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Jul 16, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    we were in Ky last week . Coming back he mentioned casually that cousin Randy said that "Quail are good eatin" Now this morning when he went to the garage to go to work i went outside to walk the dog and feed the ducks. He said that he told a fellow recruiter that he should get some muscovy ducks for keeping the grass in his small backyard at bay. they are quiet, they dont stink, you can eat them and oh my wife sells the babies next week for 5-6$ a piece. Sitting on his bike he asked if i get more quail eggs in . i say "Yes about 80 more , why?"He answers "Well Randy and them still want us to come down for thanksgiving and we are supposed to bring 20 quail for dinner down to Corbin.He will also buy some if we go down in september. Did i miss anything , did my non caring husband see the $$ sign flash or does he care?

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Oh Yes~~He Cares!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Yes, it's amazing how they act like they are nothing but then my husband comes home and ask if I could hatch some chicks out for someone at work. He spends as much time with the chickens as I do.

jackie

4. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    they care...they just dont like admitting it! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It sounds like he's hooked right there with you! [​IMG]

6. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    But don't let him know that you know. [​IMG]

7. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    If he knew that next year i want some EE's and buckeyes.I can get away with the last one because he is a Ohio State fan, plus we live like a stone throw from where there were first bred(Warren). Maybe i will get some mandrins too, but only if they are not noisy and flighty.

THe only bad thing is he dont help diddley squat with building cages and i plan to expant to around 100 quail.

I am waiting on a picture op. catching him with a duck. Oh while washing his Harley he deceided to spray the ducks a bit "because the like it"

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Next time he mentions someone wanting quail or chicks, mention you need a few new cages to make it happen. Then ask if he can lend you a hand 'for an hour or so'. That'll tell you how addicted he is!

9. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:his version of helping is driving me to the store, buying me material or watching the kids while i work. Well atleast until he falls asleep on the couch.
    Best example he bought a self propelled lawn mower for him to mow our lawn, he mowed the entire lawn once , than i had to do it, than he mowed it half and i had to finish and edge. Next time he will let me do it all. i guess if i want it done right i just do it myself.

10. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Quote:his version of helping is driving me to the store, buying me material or watching the kids while i work. Well atleast until he falls asleep on the couch.
    Best example he bought a self propelled lawn mower for him to mow our lawn, he mowed the entire lawn once , than i had to do it, than he mowed it half and i had to finish and edge. Next time he will let me do it all. i guess if i want it done right i just do it myself.

Have you seen "Blondie" in the Sunday News lately??!! He sounds a little like Dagwood to me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by