Caught my husband...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blueberrychickens, Feb 3, 2012.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    talking to the eggs in the incubator!! [​IMG] "here chickie chickie chickie"....... Ok I think he's hooked! I just set them in the bator last night. Could he possibly be more excited than me? [​IMG]

2. Fly Be Free

Fly Be Free Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    heeheehee. Cute. He does know that he has at least 21 days right? LOL It's sweet that he's into it too.

3. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I love a grown man that have a heart for animals !!! [​IMG]

4. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    yeah, this is a new side of him I've never seen. We'll be married 20 yrs @ the end of this month! Learn something new every day!

5. DDDMIchicks

DDDMIchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    I wish my husband would get as excited as I do! Last night around 1:30 I woke up to peeping so I ran & checked the incubator and our first baby had hatched!! I was super excited so I woke him up to let him know. He called me crazy & told me to go back to sleep! [​IMG] Although the first thing he did when he got up this morning was check out the chick.....[​IMG]

This is our first time hatching so I'm beyond happy that things are working out!

6. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    [​IMG] welcome to the family of BYC!!! Congrats on your first chick! I can't wait for mine, I notice that I've walked past the bator at least 5 time today & every time I stop to look in.....its gonna be a long 21 days!!

7. DDDMIchicks

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks! I had my second hatch a couple hours ago so now we're waiting on 7 more! I've been looking in on them probably every 5 minutes & checking for action in any of the other eggs! They just all need to hatch so I can relax! [​IMG]

8. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    What breeds are you hatching?

9. DDDMIchicks

Jan 23, 2012
    I actually have no idea!! My husband knew I wanted to start raising chickens so he got some eggs & an incubator from an Amish friend down the road! I don't think I've ever seen his chickens so I don't know what mine will be!

10. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Real men raise chickens...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by