Caught on Tape - Roo Crows

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PurpleChicken, Jul 29, 2007.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
  2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Great!!! I love it everytime I hear mine crow. I actually wish he would crow more.[​IMG]

3. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Mine was crowing all the time !

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    How cute! Great looking flock you have there. One of my 14 week old chicks just started trying to crow. It is a sizzle and it is so funny sounding. Sounds like someone is strangling him. Here is his picture:

[​IMG]

He is the sweetest thing!! I just love all my silkies, but he is my favorite because of those curly feathers. By the way, his name is Curly!

Marie

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Beautiful bird. Wow!!!

My Silkies, one especially, whine a lot and do the "bok bok bogok" thing.
    One is probably a rooster but doesn't crow yet. They're cute but
    sometimes I want to strangle them. [​IMG]

The standards are much quieter.

6. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    I love the neck stretching/feather fluffing! It takes so much effort to crow! Mine crowed for a bit, but now stopped. I miss their crowing!!! Maybe it's because of the recent losses in the group that they're just unsettled.

7. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks Purple! I love him too. And he is trying his best to crow, but right now it sounds pretty silly. He does the clucking thing alot though, that is why I first thought he was a she! It is great when those little peeps turn into clucks isn't it? They are pretty talkative sometimes. But I can't really hear them in the house? I will hear the crowing once he gets that down though I am sure. Thanks again.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by