Caught the Chicken Red Handed in the Vege Garden!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffanyg2, May 19, 2011.

1. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    I have a 5ft fence around my Vege Garden and my dear ole Rooster "Beauty" who really should be a girl~ was gallavanting through all the vegetables!!! Usually they all come running up to me when I walk out back and then when I noticed one didn't. I was concerned, then as I catch his gaze beyond the fence I just had to laughed it was as if he was behind bars~ LOL [​IMG] Typically I would have been upset over that (if it was my dog) but I figured Beauty might snatch up any bugs and fertilize the garden in the process!! I really didn't think they'd go over it though. So I coersed him to jump up again so I could see how he did it.... and it was like a scene out of Matrix. He flapped his wings and literally ran up the fence all at the same time [​IMG] ~ needless to say I was impressed!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See the mesh screen~ like a walk in the park for dear ole Beauty!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Ahh yes- it is just like a chicken to wind up where they're not supposed to. Most of the threat from the chickens would be to the young, tender plants just starting to grow (they scratch them all up), oh and any tomatoes starting to get ripe. Other than that, they were great pest control for the small garden I did last year. After everything was pretty well established, I would let my birdies come in with me while I worked in there. Then when I was finished a little scratch would bring them back to their run. Good luck!

3. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Well Thanks! That's what I was thinking~ Everything is starting to get big enough that they shouldn't really bother much. It actuallly might be a little fun! Thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by