caught the coupon fever

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granmahen, Nov 8, 2009.

1. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    First, a disclaimer. I've always used coupons, store cards, bought on sale, etc. But dd went to a couponing party where she learned how to really use those sales, coupons, e-coupons and the latest thing "reward bucks". She came home, explained everything to me. And, I caught the bug. So I planned my week's foray into the stores (I'm lucky, 4 different stores nearby). My rules include not buying anything I wouldn't normally buy and not travelling more than 4 miles from my house. My take this week.... 6 bags of keebler cookies (my favorite-pecan sandies) for $2.00 plus tokens for $10 off toys. Thanks, Target. Vons gave me a 50% savings, including really good toothpaste for 75 cents each (I love those store and manufacturing coupons). At CVS and Walgreens, glade candle refills and throw blankets for 10 people got me more than half way through my Christmas list for only $25.00 (total, not each). I promise you, its as addicting as byc. My favorite site is www.saveathomemommy.com because you can dive off from there to lots of other sites, and she does alot of the work for you. Try it, I don't promise the stores will owe you money, but you'll sure get a whole lot more bang for your buck. [​IMG]

2. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    When I started couponing we probably cut our grocery bill by half. It is addicting! [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm a coupon user myself when I can get them. I love watching the $ come off of my total at the end! It make you feel good that a little bit of effort on your part saved quite a bit of money off of that weeks groceries! Heck! If I save a certain amount of $, I use the extra to treat myself to Starbucks. [​IMG]

Thanks for that site!

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That's the only way we shop since 1999 and it is really rewarding if you add up all the saving you get in a month or two. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by