Caught this on my trail cam

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by DLS, Aug 17, 2008.

1. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Caught this on my trail cam CLOSE TO the hen house .I am a little worried he looks kind of hungry!! :|:|

[​IMG]

2. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Yikes! I hope he moves on.

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

He looks like a pretty decent sized one, too. Yikes. They have been known to take down newborn calves in the pastures next to mine.

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Ut Ohhhhh...he is on a scouting hunt!!..

We have those around our cabin ... worry all the time when our dogs are there with us....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Hopefully that orb that is following him will make him stop and think before he eats your chickens

6. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    We have RIR's. We have several acres and have hawks, cayotes, racoons, foxes and possums around. A neighbor who has been letting their chickens free range, has lost several chickens during the daytime to cayotes that have come into their yard and snatch some of their chickens. Our coop and run are moveable. The run is covered with chicken wire also. We have a gate for access to a free range area. We had plastic chicken wire and made an area for them to range in. Now I'm using galvanized chicken wire and so far so good, no critters here. Here is a picture before we put up the galvanized chicken wire. Every night my girls go into the coop on their own.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee237/aliedaw1/DSC00080.jpg

8. chevydmax04

chevydmax04 Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    yea I got a Fox on mine two weeks ago, he spent an hour just caseing the coup, looking for a way in. And this was between 8am and 9am. Ended up getting y Brahma I think she panicked and few out of the run.

9. chevydmax04

chevydmax04 Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2008
    here is the Fox I got, the date is wrong but the time stamp is correct, you can see one of my chickens in the run by the tree.

[​IMG]

10. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    pretty pelt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by