1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

caution buyers,using paypal but empty account so no reimbursement!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by hollybird, Jul 29, 2008.

1. hollybird

hollybird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    lebanon
    I bought eggs but didn't get anything. seller didn't respond to me but went back to selling again. made a pay-pal claim that was decided in my favor but the money was cleaned out of their account so i received $0 back. please don't forget to check the sellers feedback. pay-pal protects you only to the point of closing someones account for fraudulent activities. like everything else most folks are nice but read the fine print.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So sorry that you had to deal with that. How unfortunate. [​IMG]

3. hollybird

Jun 12, 2008
    lebanon
    i am not the only who has been having trouble. i will only deal with big companies or egg swap here now. i understand shipping can be hard on eggs. i have tried to hatch shipped eggs unsuccessfully twice. then didn't even get eggs the third try. what a bummer!! thanks for the sympathy. i just hope this saves someone out there their $17!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Was the person you bought the eggs from here on BYC or Ebay?

5. Weewanona

Weewanona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Wilburton, OK
    If that Seller is on eBay; you should report them.

6. hollybird

Jun 12, 2008
    lebanon
    the same name person is on here but i bought thru ovabid. i haven't had trouble with ebay.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by