Caviar???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by SIMPleChick, Jul 11, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    I got a really small jar of caviar for my husband to try on his birthday and he didn't like it! LOL! I even put up on my facebook if people wanted the rest they could come and get it, but no one wants to venture to the fish egg!! HAHA So my question is....is it OK for chickens to eat caviar?????? It's not expensive stuff but I still don't know if it is ok for them.... And I am serious, All my friends and people from church are afraid of fish eggs!!!

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Fish eggs are usually packed in brine and are not good for chickens because of the salt. Otherwise they would have been fine. Gloria Jean

3. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Yeah, you're right, it has a LOT of salt in it! Hey, does anyone else in the Ogden, Utah area want some caviar, herb imported goat cheese and English Double Devon cream???? LOL! I made some amazingly yummy and fun appetizers but my husband is a real Meat and potato man! I grew up in Cali, so I am proud he at least tried these things! LOL! [​IMG] But I only used a tiny bit of each of these things!

4. Tenmore

Tenmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Quote:In West Haven here But Ill stick to the meat and potatoes aswell thanks [​IMG]

5. Mek

Mek Chillin' With My Peeps

how about making some pesto sauce... you use anchovies in pesto so substitute it for the caviar...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by