1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

caygua laying white eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by nightshade, Apr 16, 2008.

1. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I was so very excited because they are suspose to lay black or gray eggs. Ebonie is layine pure white eggs. Can anyone tell me what went wrong, she is a pure caygua from a hatchery. Does this just happen some times like getting and ee that lays pink eggs or is there something changing her egg color?

2. Sparkalator

Sparkalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    Florida
    I thought the same as well. I have two girls and one started laying about a week before the other and laying pure white eggs. When the second one started laying she layed a black one the first day and each day there after they got lighter and lighter, till now her eggs are pure white as well.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I have a cayuga named Ebony also LOL she lays a pale greenish colored egg

4. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

Ebonie's first two were a med gray and now they are pure white. I can't tell them apart from a pekin' egg if you sit them side by side. I am so disappointed. She is so beautiful, so is her mate Elmer. I just want to make sure its not something I am doing or not doing that caused the color loss. Or if maybe it just happens. I am starting to think that they are alot like ees some times you get a hen that lays good color sometimes you don't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by