Caylees Law

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JP101010, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    A very good idea.

Anyone here ever reported a child missing, or know someone who has?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    VERY good idea!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Me, several times.
    The most recent was about 3 weeks ago.

4. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    no. I never had too... thank god... bu t I would in a minute if I needed to...

5. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    How would people in favor of the law address some of the practical problems of the proposed law?

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Yes I have and I worry about my son that has been living on his own for a few months now daily. If I can't get a hold of him after a couple days I go to his house....so far so good but I will report him missing if I can't find him after I go to his house and can't get a hold of him on his cell or house phone.

7. Honestly, I cant imagine that we really need govt to mandate that a child should be reported missing. How many children could possibly go unreported, and how would it help them to be reported if the parent already killed them (which i assume is the reason a missing child is not reported missing)? It seems like this is an example of how media overreports a story (that tugs at our hearts) to make money from the coverage. Then the public gets over-excited that there was no conviction and wants to legislate another outcome.

I understand that most wont agree with me....but I cant see how a law of this nature will help a child that is already dead. We cant legislate against every possible outcome in life. Sometimes bad things happen. It sucks. No law will change that.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:Actually, I agree with you. This case has been SO badly covered and over reported. Even maybe if they specify what is referred to as a "tender age" child it would be better than this: another vaguely worded law. I know people who have reported "children" missing. Most times the child was around 15 or older and had run away. The family in one case did not report the child missing for several days because they thought they knew where he was. It was not until they got the truth from one of his friends that they called police. They had hoped he would come home on his own.

BTW Nancy Grace is DISgraceful.

9. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Well now....

Up here some one has to be missing 24+ hours in order ti file a missing persons case. In my mind you should have to wait 24 hours a lot can happen in a day. Now if a yonger person or a person with a mental disability goes missing it would be best to let local police first, and then if they are still missing in 24 hours file an offical case (this i not what happens but i belive it could happen).

I my self do not see the need for another law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by