Cayuga duckling with a crooked neck!

1missrae

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 22, 2014
Hi!
I have a month old cayuga duckling with a weird neck thing. She has been completely normal until today. She has her head turned sideways like she's looking up in the sky, but just stays that way. She's moving around okay-swimming, eating, preening, chirping. Her eyes look clear. She's not acting sick or hurt. Except for this, she's completely normal. Could she suddenly be blind in one eye? It's almost like she's just trying to look around with one eye. I don't know! Anybody have this experience??

Could this be wry neck? I've read about nutri drench. Wondering if I should give it a try.

It could be wryneck. Many people have had successes treating it with vitamins, some have had to use medications. You could do a search around the forum for threads about treating this in ducks.

Oh my gosh, @Amiga ! That's exactly it! Thank you. I've started some brewer's yeast and ordered some nutri-drench. I'll keep you posted. I am encouraged!
smile.png

And thank you too, @desertdarlene !

Here's day one..

Success! My little wry necked baby is doing MUCH better. I've been giving her Nutridrench and brewer's yeast and she has improved dramatically! Thank you @Amiga and @desertdarlene for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom