Cayuga ducks first eggs

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
What does a cayuga ducks first eggs look like? We've found 7 eggs from our lovely girl, all of them being white. They're supposed to be white at first right? My mom is doubting that they're cayugas, she just wants the black eggs. But I beg to differ. :) I'm in a rush writing this sorry if it makes no sense

Cayuga duck eggs might have a black or grayish tint to them in the beginning of the laying season, but will go whiter once they keep laying. Do you have a picture of the ducks?

What does a cayuga ducks first eggs look like? We've found 7 eggs from our lovely girl, all of them being white. They're supposed to be white at first right? My mom is doubting that they're cayugas, she just wants the black eggs. But I beg to differ. :) I'm in a rush writing this sorry if it makes no sense
This is the first egg my cayuga layed 20230403_212526.jpg

Did we get scammed : (
20230307_151453.jpg

This is their *old* coop, they're in a much better place now
The one with a white chest isn't a cayuga obviously, but the other 2

Did we get scammed : (View attachment 3454844
This is their *old* coop, they're in a much better place now
The one with a white chest isn't a cayuga obviously, but the other 2
I mean they look exactly like my cayuga
And here is her egg from this morning
She never stopped laying in the winter since she started laying so late in the year now they are much more white than black
20230404_082515.jpg

I have 5 cayuga hens and they all lay white

There's definitely 2 Cayuga ducks in there. They might just not be laying darker eggs right now, or they're from another duck.
It's not possible to be another ducks egg, we only have 1 female and that's our cayuga girl ( I have not mistaken any females as males, they have the drake curl and all. )

We're trying our best to fix our male to female ratio..

My first flock laid grey/green eggs. They had black beaks and feet from birth. The ones I ordered from Metzer had yellowish beaks and laid white eggs their whole lives. They also had the white feathers come in much sooner and started laying much later. Who knows? But I sure do wish I knew where the first ones were hatched to get my next flock. I LOVE Cayugas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom