Cayuga Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckGirl15, Nov 19, 2011.

1. DuckGirl15

DuckGirl15 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I got my pair of Calls, and have my pair of Pekins, the hawk got one of my ducks...D:
    When we were down at Crossroads Dad saw some Cayuga ducks and now he wants some, of course...Any ideas about these guys?
    I looked on here and couldn't find anything about them.
    So does anyone know anything about them?
    I tried talking him into some Muscovy's but he seems to like these black/green ducks, any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks![​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Okay now you've done it I Want some. [​IMG] Beautiful!!

4. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009

Hehe [​IMG]. They're quite popular around here. All my feed stores have them in during spring time.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Hehe [​IMG]. They're quite popular around here. All my feed stores have them in during spring time.

So if I were to go to TSC and saw some lil ducklings solid blk with blk feet, they would be Cayuga? Just asking for futher reference, I usually avoid TSC like the plauge in the spring. [​IMG]

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Sorry, but all birds are capable of flying if they want.
    I lost a purebreed Rouen hen last year since she flew out because one of the dogs scared her.
    She was close to 9 Pounds when she flew away.

7. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Hehe [​IMG]. They're quite popular around here. All my feed stores have them in during spring time.

So if I were to go to TSC and saw some lil ducklings solid blk with blk feet, they would be Cayuga? Just asking for futher reference, I usually avoid TSC like the plauge in the spring. [​IMG]

I have a feeling that is going to be me this year....I am DREADING going to the feed store come spring! I have to repeat to myself NUMEROUS times each day: CAN.....NOT.....HAVE......MORE.....DUCKS! And then will add a dammit under my breath!

And....I THINK.......runners can be black with black feet. I was a bit worried for a while thinking my cayugas were runners. Well, not WORRIED exactly, but wondering.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    Quote:Hehe [​IMG]. They're quite popular around here. All my feed stores have them in during spring time.

They should be. Sometimes they can be confused with black runners. But in general the all black ducks at tsc are either runners or Cayugas. The runners have a more upright posture though.

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:So if I were to go to TSC and saw some lil ducklings solid blk with blk feet, they would be Cayuga? Just asking for futher reference, I usually avoid TSC like the plauge in the spring. [​IMG]

I have a feeling that is going to be me this year....I am DREADING going to the feed store come spring! I have to repeat to myself NUMEROUS times each day: CAN.....NOT.....HAVE......MORE.....DUCKS! And then will add a dammit under my breath!

Me too, I can't even go near TSC, thank goodness our only feed store doesn't get in ducklings or chicks, and TSC is 25 miles from us, What really breaks my heart is seeing the little chicks with pasty butt and nothing being done for them so I just never go. But those lil Cayugas are sure pretty. [​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    Quote:So if I were to go to TSC and saw some lil ducklings solid blk with blk feet, they would be Cayuga? Just asking for futher reference, I usually avoid TSC like the plauge in the spring. [​IMG]

And....I THINK.......runners can be black with black feet. I was a bit worried for a while thinking my cayugas were runners. Well, not WORRIED exactly, but wondering.

They're so hard to resist! [​IMG]. I started with two ducks but every year the flock just keeps growing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by