Cayuga Help

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HouseElfSphynx, Jul 26, 2014.

1. HouseElfSphynx

HouseElfSphynx In the Brooder

May 12, 2014
    Okay i got a Caygua duckling back in the ending of may sometime and i think it was a few days old, because it took a while to catch up to my April 11th hatched anacona. who was 1 month old at the time.

It is now July 26th so that would make the Cayuga duckling i believe 4 months old and my other ancona ducks 5 months old.

All of my ancona ducks i have have loud quacks,

however the only one that i have heard with raspy quiet quack is Ozzy but at the same time i have heard that a male cayuga's bill changes color where as Ozzy's bill is still dark greyish black with two white stripes on his bill that makes it look like he had been rubbing his bill on something.

Is Ozzy a male or a Female?

I just checked all my Ancona ducks and they all have a loud quack.

2. SouthernPride

SouthernPride Songster 7 Years

May 8, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    Raspy quiet quacks means male without a doubt. Can't go by bill color.

3. HouseElfSphynx

May 12, 2014
    yay! thank you so much now i just have to get a female :) i might order one or three next month but i dont know. Have you ordered them offline?

or has anyone ordered female cayuga's off the internet?? i was wondering exactly how big do the requested "Female" cayuga ducks arrive as if you order them off the internet?

4. HouseElfSphynx

May 12, 2014
    and has anyone cross bred Ancona with Cayuga? if so what do they look like? I think i have all three female Ancona ducks, and 1 male Cayuga (the only cayuga i have)

5. SouthernPride

May 8, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    I have some I need to get rid of. I have far too many. Where r u located?

6. HouseElfSphynx

May 12, 2014
    wait Cayuga crosses or pure Cayuga Causer i would love four female Cayuga I'm in Emmett Idaho though.

7. SouthernPride

May 8, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    Idaho? Too far away. My black ducks are Cayuga and Black Swedish mix, may even have a little Rouen in there. When mine started breeding this spring I only had one of each and a Blue Swedish. I know that is not ideal but is sure is fun seeing what they turn out to look like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: