Cayuga Laying White Eggs?

Feb 25, 2022
Hi all!

My ducks have been consistently laying 3 eggs a day. I know for sure that two of them are from my Welsh Harlequin and my Golden 300, as they are my oldest ducks. My next oldest is a Cayuga, but the eggs are all white. Is she possibly laying a white egg? Could it be my white layer? She’s only 8 weeks old or so.
Or, could I have one laying two a day since they’re all under a year old?
I haven’t caught any of them laying, so it’s all guessing. I’m worried our Cayuga has white eggs! Oh well, guess I would have to add to the flock!

Thanks in advance!

I have had one of my hens lay two eggs in a day so I would think it is quite possible for that to happen. Hopefully you will get eggs that you know for sure come from that hen. Good Luck.

I have had one of my hens lay two eggs in a day so I would think it is quite possible for that to happen. Hopefully you will get eggs that you know for sure come from that hen. Good Luck.
Woah! I didn’t know they could lay two! That’s cool! Thank you!

Hi all!

My ducks have been consistently laying 3 eggs a day. I know for sure that two of them are from my Welsh Harlequin and my Golden 300, as they are my oldest ducks. My next oldest is a Cayuga, but the eggs are all white. Is she possibly laying a white egg? Could it be my white layer? She’s only 8 weeks old or so.
Or, could I have one laying two a day since they’re all under a year old?
I haven’t caught any of them laying, so it’s all guessing. I’m worried our Cayuga has white eggs! Oh well, guess I would have to add to the flock!

Thanks in advance!
Mine only lay a black egg for the first few eggs of their laying cycle. They become lighter and turning to a creamy white after a few days.

Back
Top Bottom