Cayuga turning white young

DuckDaddyDave

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2020
I have 2 9 month Cayuga females, I got them as tiny chicks. One is about 1/4 white already. The other has no white. Is this at all normal? I thought it normally took at least a few years before they got more than a white feather or 2. She’s always had 1 white feather, but all her feathers are coming in white now. She seems healthy otherwise. Is she just going gray young?

I have 2 9 month Cayuga females, I got them as tiny chicks. One is about 1/4 white already. The other has no white. Is this at all normal? I thought it normally took at least a few years before they got more than a white feather or 2. She’s always had 1 white feather, but all her feathers are coming in white now. She seems healthy otherwise. Is she just going gray young?
Mine started getting more and more white with each molt from the beginning.
Two out of 4 are really white now.
While one of them hasn't got much white at all.
And they are all related and within a year of the same age. So I guess it's just hit and miss 🤷
20210216_150409_HDR.jpg
20210216_150422_HDR.jpg

Mine started getting more and more white with each molt from the beginning.
Two out of 4 are really white now.
While one of them hasn't got much white at all.
And they are all related and within a year of the same age. So I guess it's just hit and miss 🤷View attachment 2534661View attachment 2534662
Is the one with the orange bill a drake?

They are so beautiful! How old are they? They are so white! My cayuga passed away at age three of reproductive cancer so I never got to see her change colors so much. 🙁

Back
Top Bottom