Ceadaredge CO great white cochin eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicksahoy, Jan 13, 2009.

1. chicksahoy

chicksahoy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    selling eggs by the dozen for $10 or the highest bidder. they are purebred great white cochins and are from a show quality flock of great whites.
    [​IMG]here is a pic of my smallest rooster and a pullet. have not hatched any eggs yet in a bator. but before the eggs were full size, one of my hens disappeared, 23 days later she showed up w/3 chicks.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. chicksahoy

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    by the way my eggs are full size now:)

3. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think your pullet might be a white Langshan. The legs should have yellow legs, and I believe yours has a blue colored leg.

It's a desirable thing to have the blue legs on a white Langshan! There have been several that have been getting white legs. She is a pretty thing!

4. chicksahoy

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    i ordered them from privett hatchery in may of 08. they were supposed to be great white cochins. but your right it looks a little blue, but maybe it's just dirt?

5. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't think so, the male looks like hatchery cochin, with better feathering, but the female looks like a Langshan.

She's a fine specimen if she is! Those blue legs are to die for! lol! She does have a Cochin head, so I wonder if she's not a cross that Privett screwed up on?

Usually a pullet won't have that large-sized head until a year or older...and by then she's a pullet. Do you have any males that look like her?

6. chicksahoy

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    no i dont have any males with the blue feet i dont think, but all of the hens do. if it was a langshan, would they have the blue feet from birth? because the three chicks that accidentally hatched dont have blue feet. and mine did not have that when they were chicks, man i would be kinda upset if they screwed up my order, not because i have good chickens but that they gave me the wrong breed. also, the judge at fair didnt say anything, but he might not have thought about it and they won everything possible.

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I have a old lady white langshan hen that looks just like her! [​IMG] Your hen is lovely...

8. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yes, the birds that will have that blue colored leg, will have it from birth.

Thing about fairs is...some judges don't look at the cards, some don't know the APA standard and some just don't care at all! lol!

9. chicksahoy

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    ok so do u still think they are langshans? if they are my breeding program for 4-h is allscrewed up and ill have to sell them all and start over:(

10. chicksahoy

Dec 24, 2008
    cedaredge
    you know what, i just want an experienced person to hatch some, and tell me how it went, so these eggs are now FREE!( just to let you know, i determined that two of my hens had the blue leg, i gave them away so they all should be great white cochins.)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by