ceasted duck. need certain link please. check this thread please.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by featherfinder, Jul 31, 2011.

1. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Friend wants a created duck a d I am telling her all the reasons not to get one. Someone posted a link to a website were it showed what happened to the creasted ducks that were not born and the ones that were breeded with creasted and creasted and it showed graphic pics of all this and explains all of it. If someone could please give me this link so I can Show them it would be greatly appreciated because I can not remember the name of the thread or who posted it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    If bought by the right breeder and bred properly, crested to non-crested. Why tell her not to get one? unless she is not responsible enough to take selective breeding seriously?

3. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    i love my cresteds and would never tell any not to have them just know proper way to breed them best way i know is crested male on non crested hens wish i was told this becasue all i have is crested hens

4. featherfinder

I am not telling her not to get them. I understand it is everyones own choice. But she is not responsible when it comes to breeding and i know she wants all crested which would mean all dead ducklings. I have done my research on the creasted gene and in my personal decison have decied they were not for me. They would not be comeing from a good breeder either. Just a local farm and i am just trying to educate and warn her about them simce she knows noting and wont listen to me.

There was someone about a month ago and it was a crested thread and they posted a site were is shows wat the crested gene did to ducks in great detail. They were very graphipc pics showing the dead ducks because of breeding a crested to a creasted and even another photo of a necropsy pretty much of a duckling that didnt make it even though it was bred crested to non and it showed the whole in the skull. I would judt like to educate her about this before she jumps into something she is not ready to and i think that would be the perfect site to show her. I have done a search here on BYC for it and Google and still can not seem to find it.

5. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:it dosent mean all dead just 25% but i know what u mean

6. featherfinder

Quote:it dosent mean all dead just 25% but i know what u mean

Yes. I am not try to say crested is bad and no one should have them. I just want her to have the proper knowledge going into this and she doesnt and Im thinking if i show her that graphoc site this is will make her really look into her decision.

I know everyone here on BYC loves their animals and will do what ever they can to help them and help some one out and that is amazing. Im sure everyone agrees about doing you homework before you jumo into something like this involving life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by