cedar creek hatchery

eggsfobreakfast

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 5, 2012
I recently placed an order for 25 chicks from cedar creek hatchery for laying hens. I ordered breeds in which I could pick hens or roosters. We chose 2 roosters and 23 hens. Now that our chickens are reaching maturity I have 4 breeds that I did NOT order and we ended up getting stuck with THIRTEEN ROOSTERS and only twelve hens. When I contacted Cedar Creek Hatchery I was told that the breeds we ordered were straight run only but in the confirmation email I was sent confirming what i ordered was 23 hens and 2 roosters. and I confirmed using cedar creeks website that the breeds I chose were NOT STRAIGHT RUN. So in other words they refused to do anything about it. so keep this in mind before ordering from cedar creek hatchery.

I ordered some chicks from McMurrays. Two of the roosters (also a breed they do not sex) were aggressive. One was so bad that, when I tried to catch him, he flew into my face with feet out and hit me with his feet nearly hitting my eyes which he was aiming for.

I called them. Nothing.

I would have thought that they would have at least given me some kind of credit. After all, roosters that aggressive should not be sold or bred. And there is no way that this rooster and his brother didn't come from a very aggressive rooster. If you aren't even going to breed toward the standard (which hatcheries don't), and you are going to sell to be public, then I would say at the very least, you should make absolutely sure that your birds are not aggressive.

We ordered 50 baby chicks from Cedar Creek Hatchery, we only got a couple of what we actually ordered. We ordered 20 pullets and 30 straight run, we got more roosters than we did pullets, we got 1 chicken that looked like a white leghorn with red wings. The chicks was also sick looking. We contacted them and they said we got exactly what we ordered, and did not offer to help.

Back
Top Bottom