Celebrate with my, My classroom is ready to go!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by urbanfarmer101, Aug 7, 2010.

1. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

We took a 2 year break from homeschooling. I got rid of all of my stuff, and turned our basement back into a family room. And this year, my dear son says, "I want to homeschool again". Sooo, a massive basement redo was in order. Now I just want to pat myself on the back because I got it all sorted, organized and stored 2 weeks before school starts! I am rarely this on top of things, especially during garden/canning season. I just wanted to Whoot Whoot. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. hughmac312

hughmac312 Out Of The Brooder

congratulations...

Good for you for homeschooling also. If I had children I'd do the same.

I had been a substitute teacher for over 20 years up until this past year when I stopped.
    The horrible public schools did me in. No manners, no courtesy, no discipline, no urgency by students, teachers,
    or administrators.

Good luck

3. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Since I have my 2 Grands all day while my daughter works, I'll be glad when school starts and I'll only have the baby. My 4-year-old Grandson will be in pre-K and is even eligible to ride the bus. A school bus full of all ages and he's only 4? I don't know about this part. And he's the 3rd stop, so will be on the bus almost an hour. Better make sure he uses the potty before he leaves. LOL.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I wish you were in Ohio so I could give you a bunch of posters,textbooks,and workbooks. I have so much I bought over the years,and we no longer homeschool.If we get back into it then it will be an online K12 school. I will be taking my stuff to the goodwill soon.
    I still have the world and US map on the kitchen wall and a multiplication chart,lol. Couldn't let go of everything.It was fun setting up a school house at home! Enjoy the year!

5. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks Everyone! This is the first time that we have ALL been excited about school. Now I am just waiting for all my books to arrive. The poor UPS and USPS guys must think I am crazy, hanging on the door watching them to see if they have brought the "goods". [​IMG] It is so hot here, we are going to start, so when we have a nice, decent day, we can have that day off to enjoy it.

I wish I was closer to you in Ohio too! I had gotten rid of almost everything. I gave it all away on craigslist. That way I knew I was helping other homeschool families, and packets and kits didn't get split up. Exciting times for us, and we don't have to pay any tuition this year and that is a blessing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by