Celebrity Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Pele, May 6, 2011.

1. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    So, my little barred Cochin named Smudge is 1 week old, and now has a fan following. He/she developed sour crop, and bleeding heart that I am, took a baby chicken to the vet.

I felt deeply silly doing it, and expected the staff to wonder what the heck is wrong with me. I mean the little scamp isn't even a purebred or expensive. He/she was a 4 doller chicken. But I couldnt stand to let little Smudge suffer if I could do anything to intervene.

Smudge became an instant celebrity at the vet's office, and during his/her exam vet techs kept dropped by to coo at her. It was adorable and heart-warming that people didn't think I was crazy.

Smudge is back home avoiding the paparazzi and recovering from a crop flushing.

Just thought you'd all appreciate my special brand of crazy [​IMG]

2. SouthernLady

SouthernLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Mississippi
    Awwwwwwwwwww..........That is so sweet!

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Watch out - you're no longer just a customer....you're the parent of the really cute chick! [​IMG]

They'll know you for YEARS to come because of this event. You're both famous...don't forget to order wallet-sized photos to show-off the next time you're there! [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You aren't crazy, you have a beloved pet.

I'm with ya!

5. mrchicken

mrchicken Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Soo Cute!

Mine just turned 1 wk old.[​IMG]

6. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Thank you! This is the little lime light hog

[​IMG]

Everyone loved his/her little footie feathers coming in. He/she is just 1.7 ounces!

7. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Just thought I'd update on the starlet.

Smudge is now smelling a lot better and is running around like a busy little debutant! Yay I'm so happy that the vet was able to fix her!

Whew, who knew that such young babies could get sour crop. Hope this isn't something she does repeatedly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by