cell phone doesnt post?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by apc, Jan 9, 2010.

1. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Currenty on winter break and have been using my cell phone to keep up with the latest byc info. My phone lets me start posts and send pms but will not let me respond via a post. Has anyone else had this problem? Ive tried using my razor and samsung impression.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I noticed that I couldn't comment with mine... I'm using a Blackberry Curve 2 on Verizon.

3. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I want to get an iphone...But not if I can't post on BYC Anyone?

4. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I've had friends who love their iPhones and others who hate them. I'm a big fan of the Blackberries, though.

5. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Normally I would use a computer to post things but right now Im using my Ipod touch, so if this posts I would imagine so would the iPhone. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You can post on BYC using an iPod Touch or iPhone because they both have a real web browser (Safari). It's pretty easy.

If you have a text-based browser on your phone, you probably won't be able to post.

I use the Opera Mini browser to read and post to BYC from my cell phone. I had to download it and install it on my miniSD card; it didn't come with my phone.

7. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    Downloaded opera mini..it lets me post yay...but im finding itnot too user friendly. But it works hehe. Hope there is another option soon.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yeah, I wouldn't say Opera Mini is my absolute favorite cell phone browser...but it's what works on my phone, so I deal with it.

9. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I have an ipod touch and I can do anything on BYC its actually pretty easy too.

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The site isn't designed for a pure mobile experience, but I'm a firm believer that most cell phones will be supporting a better browser experience (like the iPhone) pretty soon.

We've debated if we should put in the effort to create a pure mobile friendly version of the site and forum, but for now we've decided not to make it a priority.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by