Cell phone rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rancher hicks, Dec 8, 2011.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE TALKING IN THE STORE SO LOUD EVERYONE CAN HEAR THEM? ARE YOU GUILTY OF DOING THIS? PLEASE GO OUTSIDE OR IN THE BATHROOM OR JUST GO!

IT IS SO ANNOYING. I'M TRYING TO READ THE PAPER IN THE CAFE AND HERE'S THIS DOOFUS TALKING BUSINESS SO STINKING LOUD I COULD FIGURE OUT HIS FINANCIAL STATEMENTS.

YES I LIKE PEOPLE BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DOCTOR VISIT AND WHAT HE POKED AND PRODDED. YUK POO.

WHY AM I YELLING? CUZ THIS IS HOW PEOPLE WHO TALK IN THEIR CELLIES SOUND LIKE.

Thanks for listening, love ya,,

Rancher

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I Agree!

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Thats why i stay at home in the country [​IMG] i don't have a phone at all, you wanna talk to me ya got to come out here and hope i come get ya before the dogs do [​IMG].

I was kinda embarrassed years ago when i went to the restroom at walmart and the person in the next stall asked me how i was doing, i replied fine and then they continued to talk but it wasn't to me they were on a cell phone.[​IMG]

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    as someone who works in a cafe, ill tell ya its equally annoying when someone is yelling into their cell phone why youre trying to have a transaction. Its completely awkward and rude. put it down for 30 seconds and show me that you give a toss that im human!

5. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

You know whats even better!!!

Trying to drive with someone around you on a cell phone!!! They slow and brake when not needed and dont check to switch lanes and are all around annoying! My favorite is when they are not paying attention because of the phone and slam on the breaks and almost cause an accident just because their turn was right there and they didnt want to miss it.

6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I agree it is aggravating. I don't know why people do it. Probably different reasons for different people. I'm not even going to write my thoughts on why. There are too many possible reasons, most of them not very flattering.

I think the basic underlying cause is that the ability to be that rude in that respect has not yet been around long enough for society to establish polite rules for social media behavior. Most rules of politeness were developed so civilized people can get along without provoking conflict, but these took time to develop and become generally established. These cell phones and such devices are so new that society has not yet established those rules.

You'll notice it is not just the young people that have not learned what constitutes good manners relative to social media. Eventually I think we will sort it all out but it will probably not be in your or my lifetime.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    One of the best things, Me! I am deaf so I can not talk or text on cell phones while I am driving. Too dangerous! I'd wait until I find a place to park and find out why my cell buzzes (vibrates) constantly. Some would literally drive on your a** when you are going to the speed limit and they are sitting there yakking away, driving aimlessly. Come on, get a blue tooth or a speakerphone!

Some are attention getters!

One lady was talking very loud while my mom and I had our lunch. We sat there watching her talk....the woman looked up at us, turned red, and lowered her voice! Manners are to be respected.

I even tell my 7 year old dd to turn off her cell phone when she came to the supper table. (its a broken cell phone, perfect "toy"!) Its family time and no cell phones here while we are eating! Or in a restuaraunt, or talking to a service person. Texting in public woudl be the ideal situation for most of us.

8. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I hate people who shout into their bluetooth -.-

9. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:ahh the bluetooth. the catalyst to many an awkward moment.

10. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    The one I love was my next door neighbor, a girl that had a cell phone in her pocket and called her grandmother when she sat down. She and her sister were talking about certain relatives........... Story as told by their mother.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by