Central Alabama

Glassman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 3, 2009
THere's alot of chickens in that area.Not sure how many are on here.What are you looking for?

huntinwidow

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Warrior Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I am open to almost any pure bred chicken (except bantums or RIR)
I would especially like to find splash orpingtons, ameracuanas, australorps, brahamas, marans, welsummers, (Did I leave anything out?) Anybody?
hu.gif

duckduck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Trussville, AL
Check out www.binkys-barn.com. I'm not sure if she's a member here or not. I want to get some silkies from her if I can ever get my new coop built. I currently have 3 frizzles and 1 silkie and live near Trussville. Have you ever been to the trade day in Collinsville?

Last edited:

huntinwidow

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Warrior Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I have got some sick birds from collinsville in the past (several years ago). I guess that it could be the case anywhere. I may check there if my other efforts fail. It is about 1 1/2 hours for me to drive up there. I will probably try the Susan Moore Swap this weekend. Does anyone know where this binky's barn is located?

I would also like to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions.
This site is full of the greatest people.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

duckduck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Trussville, AL
You do have to be careful with what you buy at Collinsville or any trade day/flea market/swap type setting but there are some good people. I believe Binky's Barn is in the Bessemer area if I recall correctly.
smile.png

huntinwidow

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Warrior Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I am looking for pullets or laying hens. But Jemison is a little too far south for me right now. I tend to travel north of Jeff co.
Thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions.
jumpy.gif

tamsflock

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Ashville, Alabama
I am in St.clair and have some chickens.. Duck Duck my calls are doing great both have been setting on their own nests they are do in a week they are both sitting on 6 eggs. The tan one took in a turken egg and hatched out a solid black necked neck I took it away since she has a week left on her eggs!! Silly ducky>>

Last edited:

Top Bottom