Central Alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by huntinwidow, Jun 9, 2009.

1. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    Is it my imagination? Do people in central Al. not have chickens or what. I never see any posted under this heading for Jeff. Blount St. clair area. Why?

2. Glassman

Glassman In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2009
    THere's alot of chickens in that area.Not sure how many are on here.What are you looking for?

3. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    I am open to almost any pure bred chicken (except bantums or RIR)
    I would especially like to find splash orpingtons, ameracuanas, australorps, brahamas, marans, welsummers, (Did I leave anything out?) Anybody?
    [​IMG]

4. Silverduck

Silverduck Songster

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    Huntinwidow, Did you get my PM about the fellow in Cullman that sells Austrolorps?

5. duckduck

duckduck In the Brooder

Sep 12, 2008
    Trussville, AL
    Check out www.binkys-barn.com. I'm not sure if she's a member here or not. I want to get some silkies from her if I can ever get my new coop built. I currently have 3 frizzles and 1 silkie and live near Trussville. Have you ever been to the trade day in Collinsville?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  6. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    I have got some sick birds from collinsville in the past (several years ago). I guess that it could be the case anywhere. I may check there if my other efforts fail. It is about 1 1/2 hours for me to drive up there. I will probably try the Susan Moore Swap this weekend. Does anyone know where this binky's barn is located?

I would also like to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions.
    This site is full of the greatest people.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  7. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Are you looking for hatching eggs, chicks, or laying.....?? Depending on what you want, I might can help.

I'm in the central Al. area.

8. duckduck

duckduck In the Brooder

Sep 12, 2008
    Trussville, AL
    You do have to be careful with what you buy at Collinsville or any trade day/flea market/swap type setting but there are some good people. I believe Binky's Barn is in the Bessemer area if I recall correctly. [​IMG]

9. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    I am looking for pullets or laying hens. But Jemison is a little too far south for me right now. I tend to travel north of Jeff co.
    Thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions.
    [​IMG]

10. tamsflock

tamsflock Songster

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I am in St.clair and have some chickens.. Duck Duck my calls are doing great both have been setting on their own nests they are do in a week they are both sitting on 6 eggs. The tan one took in a turken egg and hatched out a solid black necked neck I took it away since she has a week left on her eggs!! Silly ducky>>

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: