CENTRAL FL SWAP MEET!!!!! See post #720 for new thread

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by KellyHM, Oct 11, 2008.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Ok, I have been talking to a lot of people on here from central Florida and I think we should have a swap meet! [​IMG] It will be for chickens/chicks and eggs (& other poultry if people want).

I'm willing to organize it and we can even have it at my house. I have an acre, so there will be room to show off our chickens. I live between Gainesville and Archer.

I was thinking of having it in early-mid November. Please let me know if you're interested in attending and if a Saturday or Sunday will work better for you so that we can set a date! Hope to hear from lots of people!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I would come. What town are you in?

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    That's awesome! I'm in North Fla and I would love to have one here!

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I can come, weekends are good.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi Kelly,
    Sounds like a lot of fun. Just a reminder for planning purposes. There is a poultry show on November 15th in Inverness, some of us will tied up there.

But I would love to come, if I can.

Lisa [​IMG]

6. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    I'll go, Saturday is better for me [​IMG]

7. 4kidZ

4kidZ Fluffy Butt Farmer

Hey Kelly,
    You know I'm there. BTW, the new babies are all tucked in, or should I say the 2 babies are TUCKED under the 5wk silkie??!! What the heck??! I knew the Silkies were motherly and all, but at such a young age? I mean, she got downright MAD when I put them in with the new Serama.
    So, I nicely set them in a rubbermaid w/ her (and a quickie homemade nesting box) and she instantly tucked them under her little chest! Adorable. I just hope she learns that I'm THE MAMMA! [​IMG]
    Anyway...I'm open beginning of Nov. or the 16th, if we can get people up to Alachua County the day after the Inverness show...?

~4kidZ

8. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Glad you reminded me about the Inverness show! Would Nov. 22 work for people? That's the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so I don't know if that would mess up plans or not. Let me know what you think!

9. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I am definately interested! What fun!!!! [​IMG]

10. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    4kidZ - good to hear that everyone has settled in quickly! I couldn't believe that she wanted to "adopt" those little guys either...so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by