Central FL Vet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenGRAFFITI, Dec 22, 2009.

1. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Does anyone know a good vet in a 100 mile radius of central FL?
    My Silkie is beak breathing at certain times and it is freaking me out....

Thanks
    RM

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. the Old Rebel

the Old Rebel Rest in Peace -2011

May 12, 2007
    Hendersonville NC
    Can't be of any help, but I HOPE someone will see this who can be. Good luck with your girl.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Being in SC, I don't have a vet referral. But I do welcome you to BYC. I would separate the sick chicken from the rest and do supportive care until you can find one. Call around- there's bound to be someone in your area.

Good luck!

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It might be far.... but I use Bradford Animal Hosp. in Stark. Dr. Mike Ricker, he is very nice and always helps me with my birds.

5. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    Can you give more info on Central Fl..Gainesville area or Ocala area? There should be several in both areas..most are large animals but will probably be able to refer you to someone.

6. Benelli

Benelli Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    If you can't find anyone, try Randy below. He was my vet for 10 years. He'll travel to Ocala if that's closer for you. He's a "country boy" that has worked wonders over the years for me and several friends. If he can't help you, he will probably tell you who can. Tell him "Happy's" mom sent you.

Springhill Large Animal Vet Clinic
    Randy Emmons
    12717 NW 39 Ave
    Gainesville, FL 32606
    352-331-8434

7. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
  8. IMHO I would stay FARRRRRRRRRRRaway from the one in Kathleen. They forgot to clean the table and my pitt died of parvo. marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by