Central Florida/Gold Coast Show in Inverness...**with PICS **..WE WON!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    OK, everybody. Where were you??? My DD and I wore our homemade tags around for a couple of hours but never saw anyone with theirs on.

Her black bantam cochin hen won Champion featherfoot and competed for Best Bantam!! OMG...she was/we were so excited...These photos are the greatest but they are below.

It was incredibly LOUD with all the crowing, honking, quacking (I HATE call ducks, OK??) I was ready to buy the gray call duck that was competing for best waterfowl and have it for dinner!! Seriously, how do you duck people stand the CONSTANT quacking??? It's so loud!

This was actually 2 shows being held together in one place because of the high fuel prices. So the hen was champion in the Gold Coast showand reserve champion in the Central Fl. show.

DD was able to talk to one of the judges and ask him what he would like to see improved in the hen. He mentioned that although she has molted, her cusion feathers still need about another inch. He called it being "stuck in the molt". He said they should be in completely within the next 1-2 months. Hopefully in time for the Lake City show in January.

Of course, none of the kids in showmanship are mine, but I thought they were so precious!!

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

2. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    I was there around 11 and looked for you but could not find you. I talked with peepsbunnies i think is her name. Her real name is Lisa and she has Silkies and show girls. I really did look for your daughter and did not see you and i agree about the call ducks. The geese were not as bad as last year....There were no Cayugas I am really thinking about entering my drake. I wish I knew how to register to show him. He is beautiful...any way enough about that..

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Bummer!! Are you going to get to come up to the swap meet next Sat.?? Hope so...will meet you then....can't wait!!!

4. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    Yes I will be at the swap. See you Saturday

5. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Judy [​IMG]
    Looks like you cleaned house CONGRATULATIONS [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congrats to your DD!

7. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Hey gator I was there also I looked for someone with a name tag but didnt see any took mine off too lol Didn't mind the call ducks where we were the one kept sounding like it was laughing. Even my son who was home on leave got a kick out of that one. All he conplained about was the urine smell. Hope to finally meet you at KellyM's on saturday Micki
    Congrats to your DD on her win

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  8. noshoes

noshoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Thank you for posting the images it lessens my anguish for having missed the show!

9. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Congrats!

We are soo excited about entering some fairs next year.

10. big_brahmas

big_brahmas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    I was there. :] I did senior showmanship, I was the one with the massive brahma breaking her back as she waited. Yeah.

I had a great time, and didn't get anything less than RV. :]
    My Wynny banty took best of breed and my Brahma took her class in GC and reserve class for CF. Other birds did well also. This was youth of course. ;] I took care of Susan Nichols birds as well. And they did superb.

You are right about those dang Calls. They sound like they are laughing at you. It's enough to drive a person mad!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by