Central Florida Poultry/Small Livestock Swap & Sale 11/12/11 Ocala

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by ThePamperedPullet, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

It's that time of year again here in Central Florida. Come join us for a day of fun as we co-host this next swap at J&J Tack right on Hwy 40 just West of Airport Rd (60th). Lots of room. Bring out your poultry, small livestock, farm equipment, produce and crafts. Please no yard sale items or used tack. The gates open at 8am for set up and general public at 9am.
    Our last swap on Oct 29th started out a bit wet but ended up to be a wonderful day. Let's all help to make this another successful swap and show the rest of the state that we throw the best ones right here in Central Florida.

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I expect to be there. I'll have another Standard Bronze tom turkey, and a trio of a tom and two Midget White turkey hens. I'll also have two Cuckoo Maran roosters of the British line (clean legged) and an Easter Egger rooster looking for a dinner date.

J&K Tack is a good place for a swap. See everyone there!

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I will be there with some cages.

4. fledgling

fledgling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    I would love to go to this event but we have another commitment that day.

Meanwhile, I have 11, one week old, Guinea fowl keets (all pearl colored). These were from one of our free range Guineas but she had trouble keeping her brand new keets safe. (She forgot she could fly when they strayed through a four foot wire fence [​IMG] so I swooped in like the Guniea keet equivalent of CPS to rescue them). They are safe in my brooder and eating well.

I would like 3 Silkie chicks. Can anyone help me out? I am available Friday to drive locally to swap with someone or pay for the Silkies if no one wants the keets.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  5. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Hey, I just thought of something. Is there anyone that is coming from Jacksonville or even Gainesville? If I could get these keets to you before the swap, would you mind selling them? I wouldn't ask for any money since you would be doing all the work. [​IMG]

6. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, where are all our poultry people? Your not going to let a little cold keep you from a swap are you? Heck, it's supposed to be 72 and sunny tomorrow. Put on an extra layer and come join us for what should be another great swap. Lots of phone and email interest in this one so should be good.

7. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I really wanted to come , but have a wedding to go too. I honestly would rather go to a swap, is that awful? Oh well, I'm planning on making it to the one next weekend with a few extra roosters and some pekin ducklings. My mom is looking for some chicks to put with her lonely bantam chick that is just being dwarfed by the ducklings. Poor thing.

8. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Quote:It's only awful if it's your wedding! [​IMG]

I found someone to bring my little keets for me! Hopefully, they won't come back, LOL!

9. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    Lol no not my wedding. It's for a family friend I barely know. But it should still be fun. I'll get my swap fix next weekend.

10. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    I can't come 'cause I'm going to a painting workshop at a local wildlife artist's studio (Stephen Koury). I'm learning to paint feathers so I can paint chicken pictures to support my chicken hobby. [​IMG] I'm still trying to get to one of your swaps! Hope you have a good turnout; it's supposed to be a gorgeous day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by