Central Florida?

Hi !
I live in Sebring, just an hour south of you! Welcome to BYC! this is a great bunch of folks on this site. I learn something new on here EVERYDAY just reading the posts or asking questions. So many knowledgeable people! Is your daughter in 4-H or FFA? Really great programs. I know you have RIR, are you interested in other breeds?

Lisa

Hey Thanks, I am glad to be here. It is very interisting. I am VERY interested in other breeds. But i don't think my husband is very interested. My daughter is not in FFA or 4 H yet. The school that she goes to does not offer it. Maybe when she gets into High School they will have it. Thanks for the nice Welcome.

4-H is not offered in the schools, you can call you County Extention Office and ask for the 4-H Agent. They will be able to tell you how to get in touch with the leaders of the clubs in your particular area. Now is the time to act, if she is interested, because all the kids are getting their project animals right now. Although, 4-H does a lot of other things too, not just animals. There is a ton of other projects that she can do too such as cooking, sewing, fashion revue, dog training, citrus and ag projects, woodcrafting, photography etc.
smile.png

What kinds of other chickens are you interested in? I know of some breeders not too far away from you that have lots of other breeds, both standard size and bantam size.

Lisa

When I was in school we had FFA. I will look into it and see if she is interested. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom