CENTRAL INDIANA TURKEYS

billvalsarah

Hatching
Jul 30, 2016
Greenwood, Indiana

We're moving in with Grandma (the best cook in three counties!) while we build our new home and that's got Sassy and Ladykiller looking over their shoulders as the summer comes to an end. These beauties have been hand-raised by our homeschooling family since day one and are loved for their larger-than-life personalities and their obvious desire to be wherever we are. They're this year's poults and have been dewormed and spoiled with a virtually free-range daytime existence with access to berry bushes, fruit trees, asparagus beds, cucumber vines, elephant ears (their favorites!), and lots of fresh water. "They're pets--not poultry!" has been our mantra, and we intended to keep them for the next ~twelve years of their natural lives; now that it seems we have to give them up, we're hoping to find someone who will commit to loving them like we have. It will just take a few minutes with this big tom turkey for him to "slay your heart" like he did ours (as my 11-year old daughter put it when she named him Ladykiller!)! Call Valerie at (317) 560-9375 for more information. :)

I'll take them if you'll ship. I should also mention that they will become thanksgiving dinner. They will live an awesome life of free-ranging and getting fat on feed until then though.

Thank you SO much for your honest reply, but we're looking for someone more local who'd like them as pets, or at least as guard turkeys for other flocks. :) I'm sure they would be tasty, though; they're awfully sweet! Hope you find just what you're looking for.

I have a 4 acre farm in Indianapolis. I currently have about 25 chickens. I used to raise royal palms but it's been a while since I've had turkeys honestly. The would have their own pen at night but the freedom to free range all day once they are used to their surroundings. I work from home so they can free range without any worry of predators. :)

That sounds amazing--just the sort of place I'd love for them to have. You obviously have a lot of experience!
1f60a.png
My main concern is that they be kept as pets or working turkeys or for eggs (they haven't started laying yet) and that they aren't killed for their meat. If you can agree to that, I'd love to bring them to you. We could do this as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

How awesome! And no they would not be food, they would spend their lives here just like some of my chickens. I have several that are nearly 9 years old. How about give me a call this evening and we can discuss them having a new home. You'd also be free to visit anytime. 317-363-8263
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom