Central New York, near SUNY Delhi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BellasChicks, Mar 26, 2018.

1. BellasChicks

BellasChicks In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2018
    Greetings and Salutations!
    Homesteading six acres with Furbabies and want to start raising laying Hens. Looking to find local ones for sale has been fruitless. Any suggestions?

Teila, Joeschooks, 007Sean and 3 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Bella, so glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Do you have any feed stores in your area? Many folks start out buying them from TSC(Tractor Supply co.). Spring means "chick days."

You may also like to check out your state thread. Just put state name in search box and it should pop up for you.

Joeschooks, 007Sean, ronott1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi Bella and welcome to BYC.

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Joeschooks, 007Sean and ronott1 like this.
  5. Punkybrewster

Punkybrewster Songster

Feb 23, 2018
    Upstate sc
    I used to love in South Kortright. Moved to SC 2 1\2 years ago to be warm! Tracter supply in oneonta. Charlie in Hobart used to have chicks at the hardware store there. He may have info on local farms that sell some too.

6. Punkybrewster

Punkybrewster Songster

Feb 23, 2018
    Upstate sc
    * live

7. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Blue Welcome.png

Welcome to Backyard Chickens from Woodland, California!

Joeschooks and 007Sean like this.
  8. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

ronott1 and Joeschooks like this.
  9. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to the flock! Good to have you here :thumbsup

007Sean and ronott1 like this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under BellasChicks :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You may be interested in these links:

ronott1 and 007Sean like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: