Central Ohio- 4 Nice, Young Cockerels FREE. Different breeds available

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Laurel Meadows, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    I am located in Pickaway County, Ohio and am offering 4 young mixed males free to good homes. All my chickens are well cared for. No shipping, please. Local/ within driving distance only. Thanks for looking!

First up is a handsome and unique looking 8 week old mixed cockerel. He's black and white with some lacing and partridge markings, and is out of my Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster X Easter Egger hen (clean faced green egg layer). Both parent birds have good temperaments. He was hatched 12/31/15. He's a standard size male and will have a walnut comb and should produce hens that lay brown eggs. Fully feathered, uses a roost at night, and acclimated to the outdoors.
    [​IMG]

Next are 2 available (same breed): Blue Marans MIX cockerels. They're 7 weeks old with gorgeous blue coloring and feathered legs. They are 50% Marans and as you can see, have black leg shanks and toes, and some white coloration on the chests. These cockerels were from a fertility test hatch from my Splash Copper Marans rooster (he's my avatar pic) crossed with a black sex-link hen. Splash Copper father is a very nice quality, big rooster. A perfect gentleman, neither hen nor human aggressive. Their mother hen is the sweetest hen in our flock. This gives these handsome young fellows a good chance to have nice personalities as well. These boys are fully feathered, using a roost, and acclimated to the outdoors.
    **Please note, these are NOT the same birds listed for sale in the chicks to 8 weeks section.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fourth bird available is a 12 week old standard size black cockerel. He has a rose comb, sleek black feathers with a green sheen, and some sparse white or silver in the hackles. He's a mix from my Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster x black sex-link hen (different parent than the young males above). Both parent birds have good temperaments. This young male has shown no signs of aggression to people or his hatch mates. He watches over his group like a good male should.

[​IMG]

2. Laurel Meadows

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    UPDATE to listing: Black cockerel is scheduled for butchering this weekend!!! If anyone wants him, please contact me asap!

The 2 Marans mix males are no longer available. We will be keeping them both to watch over our laying flock :)

The black and white cockerel is still available and as of today, is 10 weeks old. We will only keep him and the birds listed below for about another month at most.

Also available: 2 purebred Blue Copper Marans males the same age available. Their pics and info are in the chicks to 8 weeks for sale section, although they are now nearly 10 weeks. Only $3 each if you're interested in them. Again, will only be available another few weeks before they will have to be processed. Thank you!

3. Laurel Meadows

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    UPDATE: 1 left!

The black and white cockerel is the only one still available. He is 12 weeks old and is not yet crowing.

The Marans males in the for sale section have been sold.
    Thanks again for looking!

4. tgger3115

tgger3115 New Egg

Apr 1, 2016
    Pickaway County, Ohio
    Good morning!! Wanted to know if you still have him and if he's a good natured fella/

5. Laurel Meadows

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio

Good morning :) Yes we still have him he's been a good boy so far. He has shown no signs of aggression to people or other chickens. When my 2 year old naps in a few hours I'll go get some updated pictures of him for you!

6. tgger3115

tgger3115 New Egg

Apr 1, 2016
    Pickaway County, Ohio
    Great! How much are you wanting for him, and so forth? I am outside of Tarlton in Pickaway County, Ohio.

7. Laurel Meadows

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    He is free :)
    Here are a couple more pics of him taken today and one when he was a day old :) he hatched New Years Eve
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll send you a PM and we can figure out the details!

8. morgan36

morgan36 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Southern Ohio
    Do you still have a rooster you want to get rid of

9. Laurel Meadows

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    I don't have any of these roosters listed left, but we do have 7 Marans males available for sale in the $5-$10 range. We have 7 to choose from and several colors: Blue, Blue Copper, and Black Copper Marans. Let me know if you're interested [​IMG]

10. MultipleAnimals

MultipleAnimals Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2016
    Texas
    No Shipping? I Live In Texas. I Only Pay Cash. Which means I Send The Cash Through The Mail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by