1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

central Ohio...free flock

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by chicknmania, Feb 9, 2015.

1. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    my neighbor is giving away 14 laying hens of various breeds, and one Barred Rock rooster. He has the most amazing crow! I would love to take them but we are full...no room at the inn, at all. Please if you are interested take them as a group. PM me if you are interested.

thanks!

2. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    If you can't find a home locally then I can meet you halfway. I am near clarksburg wv.

3. katti perry

katti perry Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    Please let me know if they are still available. I'm very interested. Located in delaware county. I'm in need of a new roo and would love some more hens. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    I just called him and he says they are still available. I will PM you the phone number to both of you so you can work it out between you. The only reason he's getting rid of them is because he's having surgery and will be laid uo awhile.

We're in western Licking county, just across the county line from Delaware.

nj2wv I told him you were interested also and he is not opposed to meeting you halfway as far as I know, so it's up to you guys. Please stay in touch and let me know what happens as I'm so happy his roo has a chance at TWO new homes! [​IMG]

I will so miss hearing Big Rooster crowing every morning. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    KP If you are still interested, or not, please let us know, so that if you're not we can post their availability to others. Thanks.

6. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    OK, as of now, this flock is still available if anyone is interested. I am not sure how far our neighbor will deliver....but I'm afraid if someone doesn't claim them soon, that he will send them all to the meat processor! Help, anyone???? He says they have been laying even through the winter....

7. nj2wv

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    I will give a call when I get home this afternoon. I was waiting to see if Katie would take them but since she is not I will call him

8. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Apparently she's not. But someone came and got them this afternoon, I saw the people admiring them through the pen wire when I left to go into town, and when I came back, they were gone.. If it wasn't you that got them, I will keep your info, as I said, and I expect to have some extras this spring, especially cockerels, but probably some pullets too. And I don't mind meeting you halfway. Thanks!

9. nj2wv

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    It wasn't me. Good thing I checked. I was going to give him a call. You can always pm me if you have any extras in the future. At least he found a person to give them to.

10. chicknmania

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Well, thanks for caring anyway. I think someone got a good deal, and I hope they are going to a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by