central Ohio...free flock

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
my neighbor is giving away 14 laying hens of various breeds, and one Barred Rock rooster. He has the most amazing crow! I would love to take them but we are full...no room at the inn, at all. Please if you are interested take them as a group. PM me if you are interested.

thanks!

Please let me know if they are still available. I'm very interested. Located in delaware county. I'm in need of a new roo and would love some more hens. :)

Last edited:
I just called him and he says they are still available. I will PM you the phone number to both of you so you can work it out between you. The only reason he's getting rid of them is because he's having surgery and will be laid uo awhile.

We're in western Licking county, just across the county line from Delaware.

nj2wv I told him you were interested also and he is not opposed to meeting you halfway as far as I know, so it's up to you guys. Please stay in touch and let me know what happens as I'm so happy his roo has a chance at TWO new homes!
big_smile.png

I will so miss hearing Big Rooster crowing every morning.
smile.png

Last edited:
Please let me know if they are still available. I'm very interested. Located in delaware county. I'm in need of a new roo and would love some more hens.
smile.png

KP If you are still interested, or not, please let us know, so that if you're not we can post their availability to others. Thanks.

OK, as of now, this flock is still available if anyone is interested. I am not sure how far our neighbor will deliver....but I'm afraid if someone doesn't claim them soon, that he will send them all to the meat processor! Help, anyone???? He says they have been laying even through the winter....

I will give a call when I get home this afternoon. I was waiting to see if Katie would take them but since she is not I will call him

Apparently she's not. But someone came and got them this afternoon, I saw the people admiring them through the pen wire when I left to go into town, and when I came back, they were gone.. If it wasn't you that got them, I will keep your info, as I said, and I expect to have some extras this spring, especially cockerels, but probably some pullets too. And I don't mind meeting you halfway. Thanks!

Apparently she's not.  But someone came and got them this afternoon, I saw the people admiring them through the pen wire when I left to go into town, and when I came back, they were gone..  If it wasn't you that got them, I will keep your info, as I said, and I expect to have some extras this spring, especially cockerels, but probably some pullets too.  And I don't mind meeting you halfway. Thanks!

It wasn't me. Good thing I checked. I was going to give him a call. You can always pm me if you have any extras in the future. At least he found a person to give them to.

Back
Top Bottom