Certifiably

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Dec 26, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Crazy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tonight I am going to set a dozen +2 more eggs. I have 8 beautiful BLRWs from Janie Marie [​IMG] (thanks for the extras) and 6 gorgeous Americana eggs from eBay's "poultryhollow." I got two beautiful blue eggs, 2 seafoam green, one green and one that looks almost olive to me. I know, I know, someone is going to say "those are EE's but I don't care!" I wanted these for egg color and I LOVE "EM! Especially since I only paid postage. [​IMG] I had a few broken Lt Brahmas from Todd and when he put these on eBay I asked if I could get these instead of the Lt Brahmas and he agreed. I am pumped! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I swear, this really is my last hatch until I hatch my own eggs, well my own chicken's eggs....unless I find some really nice Golden Cuckoo or Wheaten Maran's eggs. Shhh...you didn't hear that. [​IMG]

Mary

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  2. thumbless

thumbless Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Mesa AZ
    Ummmm looks like 14 eggs to me not a dozen. [​IMG]

3. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    Those are beautiful! I can't wait to see the babies. I love my banty blue egg layer girls! Hopefully my EE pullet will get with the program soon, but we had several little blue eggs for breakfast today [​IMG]

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Mary, did you say you were not going to hatch anymore eggs until you have your own eggs? I bet you said that with crossed fingers.[​IMG] You do know there is a person giving away eggs not to far from you. All you want. JUST KIDDING.

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

6. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    I just sat 8 eggs in the incubator, so don't feel bad. [​IMG]

7. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    I have 37 in now, 24 are special eggs, (Delaware, Light Brahma, Serama, Silkie) and the other 13 are what the heck -- don't want to put any more in the fridge, could be ANYTHING eggs -- and I have another batch I'm going to set in a few days...more silkies, Delawares, first two frizzled cochins, and an Ameracauna or two.

8. lady and her girls

lady and her girls Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    ohio
    I bought some eggs to make deviled eggs and ended up putting them in the hatcher. I see a chick in every egg and wonder what it might be. I can hardly put new ones in the fridge without thinking" ummmm I wonder what this one is"? I love aracanas and can't stand to put colored eggs in the fridge.

I am afraid if we started a support group it would only fuel our obsession even further by providing a way to get more eggs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  9. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:I fixed it! I forgot Janie sent me 2 extras!

10. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Wait til you see what I have to hatch next ... very very soon .... you are gonna want some of these rare gems! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by