Change in behavior

DRV8115

Hatching
Aug 20, 2021
I have a 11 week old Rhode Island Red that has recently been showing some concerning behavior changes. She is one of ten in my first flock. In the last week she has become far more reserved and skiddish. She is still eating and drinking and will come out to range but much less than she did. She is staying in the run by herself often but will come out some.I have noticed two of the ladies chasing her often but She is still sleeping and napping with the flock as usual. Physically she looks good but I’m new to chickens so could be missing something. The only think that may be slightly different are her feet seem a little dry on the time. Is this just pecking order stuff or possibly health?

It could definitely be a pecking order. Do you have roosters!
I have a hen that my roosters love and she tends to sit in a nest box for a little while after I let my chickens out. Once she does come out she will run and hide.
If you don’t have roosters just keep an eye on her. They will naturally figure out the pecking order.

It could definitely be a pecking order. Do you have roosters!
I have a hen that my roosters love and she tends to sit in a nest box for a little while after I let my chickens out. Once she does come out she will run and hide.
If you don’t have roosters just keep an eye on her. They will naturally figure out the pecking order.
One possibly two roosters. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom