change in feather color - royal purple guineas

Rm86089

In the Brooder
Sep 9, 2018
Our royal purple guineas are 10 months old. In the last week I've noticed that their backs are becoming duller in color, more toward a brown color. Wing feathers are still dark purple. Is this a symptom of a problem? Thanks!

Our royal purple guineas are 10 months old. In the last week I've noticed that their backs are becoming duller in color, more toward a brown color. Wing feathers are still dark purple. Is this a symptom of a problem? Thanks!
It's normal. There is also a change as the color fades with the age of the feathers and becomes nice and shiny new after each molt.

Do u sell the Royal guinea ?? I am looking for some !! I had a lot of pearl guineas and 2 white and a neighbors pit bull came in my yard and killed numerous of my babies !! I was sick about it and cried for days I took her to court as well!! I want to get more !! I want the different colored guineas and now building them their own housing to separate them from chickens as well!
I want the bright festive colors ! Thanks for time in advance !!
Teresa in NC

Do u sell the Royal guinea ?? I am looking for some !! I had a lot of pearl guineas and 2 white and a neighbors pit bull came in my yard and killed numerous of my babies !! I was sick about it and cried for days I took her to court as well!! I want to get more !! I want the different colored guineas and now building them their own housing to separate them from chickens as well!
I want the bright festive colors ! Thanks for time in advance !!
Teresa in NC
Guinea Farm

They are the largest suppliers of guineas in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom