1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Changed bedding matreials

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dolphinlvr4, Jan 28, 2013.

1. dolphinlvr4

dolphinlvr4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Savannah ga
    I have 11 day old barred rock chick n one RIR. Over 12 hrs they lost tummy n breat down. They were on straw that did get a bit yucky so I've moved them back to a huge plastic pool in guest room. They have light n lots of places to go to regulate heat. They r perky n happy but my question is can I rub a warm wash cloth underneath to loosen the crusty lil down they have left and will it grow back? They have bald breasts n are a lil indecent. Lol

2. dolphinlvr4

Jan 27, 2013
    Savannah ga
    I should add that I've changed to clean shavings, they have tons of room n lots of attn. I've been up since 2 am checking, all seems well but they do still have a lil crusty breast n tummy. Someone help so I can sleep. Ha ha ha. Ty!:)

3. dolphinlvr4

Jan 27, 2013
    Savannah ga
    I've been reading posts on the "wait" for the first eggs n my sex links are r only 12 weeks old. It rest assured I do have a reminder on my phone for when they turn 20 wks. I am like a kid on Xmas eve, I can hardly wait!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by