1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Changed My site a bit... Do you like or hate it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Nov 20, 2010.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    ok so i changed the colour of the sides of my site, i would like know what yall thin.... i don't think it is the right colour but want to know what you think: link... http://silvervalleypoultry.com

ETA, all the site used to be the colour of the main body

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. MooseHabit

MooseHabit Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2010
    Cypress, CA.
    I've never been to your site before, so I can't tell you anything about sidebars and such, but I have one recommendation...with each breed, you should have a picture. [​IMG] Just a thought...

3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:I am trying, some breeds are not fully developed, and as i breed for Show, i would hate to put pictures of birds half grown that may mis-represent the breed, and the work that the breeders that i got my foundation stock from have done. [​IMG] as a rule i only put up chick Pictures and full grown pictures.

4. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Nice and easy to navigate and no gimmicks such as unnecessary flash.

You might consider improving your search engine ranking by rewriting your text in a more SEO effective way. Use keywords frequently - words and phrases that potential visitors to your site would use in their searches. Have a look here for some more ideas:

http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml

Also, could you provide an online order form to make it easier and quicker for you customers to order?

Good luck,

5. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:The Order form i use is "Mals e-cart" so on the breed pages there is "Blue/Splash Australorp" then a quanity box, and an "add to cart" button. I will take a look in to the SEO [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by